Now-a-days, many people may have the trouble to sleep faster, suffer from insomnia and will have to take sleeping pills. Not having proper sleep will deteriorate your health in days forward. Here are some of the hacks that will help you sleep faster and help you maintain a good health.
- Exercise: Exercising in the morning and evening or practising yoga will help you help your muscles to relax, relieve you from the body aches and help you sleep faster and better. Not only that, this has a lot of health benefits. Reading a boring book may help you sleep faster as it helps to get your mind off the worries. Meditating before the bed time, focusing on your breath will help you forget your stress, release anxious thoughts, allows your mind to calm down and helps you get a better sleep.
- Stay away from distractions: It is important to maintain a bed time routine. Sleeping at a same time everyday will programme your body and help you maintain a regular sleep time. Staying awake and watching TV, computer, surfing the internet, chatting or completing your office works at night may ruin your routine and the bright light may alert your brain cells and reduce the quality of your sleep. Try to at least get 6 to 8 hours of sleep daily. Avoid taking naps during the day so that you can sleep at night.
- Eat properly: Eating properly before your bedtime. Not having dinner may keep you awake due to hunger. Having heavy meals may cause indigestion and make it hard for to get sleep. Eating fruits, pulses and vegetables help you sleep faster, improve the levels of essential minerals in your body. You can also include whey protein shakes in your diet for it being rich in tryptophan – a crucial amino acid that helps reduce stress and induce sleep. Check out MyFitFuel for purchasing whey protein at cheapest rate.
- Drink milk: Drinking warm milk or herbal tea before going to sleep has found to be a beneficiary sleep hack and helps you sleep fast. Reduce drinking coffee and other beverages containing caffeine as it will reduce the quality of your sleep.
- Sleep comfortably: Get a comfortable mattress, pillows to support your neck and align your body properly and wear comfortable, loose clothes (preferably cotton) before going to sleep. Find a good sleeping posture to relax all your body parts and get a good sleep. Keep your bed clean and clear all your work stuffs, switch off all the lights, invest in some black out curtains and wear an eye mask, it will help you sleep fast. Try to keep your room cool.
- Take a hot shower: Taking a hot shower and sleeping in a cool room will reduce your body temperature from hot to ool suddenly and puts you in shut down mode. It will also help your body muscles relax and induce sleepiness.
- Aromatherapy: There are many scents such as lavender, vanilla and sandalwood available which have a soothing and calming effect on the body. This will help you relax as it slows down your nervous system activities and puts you to sleep. You can sprinkle a few drops of these scents on your pillow, in the bath or in the air.