We know you always want to put your best foot forward (especially when doing the warrior pose), so we put together a quick list of five ways you can better your health in this new year. If you successfully achieve just one of these positive steps you will see wonderful improvements and that’s always a good thing. Imagine if you complete them all!
- Splurge on a really awesome water bottle. Huh? Just wait…let me explain. Pretty and cool new things make us want to use them more., and this positive step involves hydrating your body for cleansing and flushing out toxins. Not only that but making sure you drink at least 64 ounces of water a day you can start to seeing yourself lose thigh fat and stomach fat. You can even buy one of those fancy fruit infuser bottles for some tasty water with added antioxidants if you get bored with plain water.
- Eat fat that is healthy. Most of you probably already eat wisely. You may even be a vegan or a vegetarian but miss out on some much-needed nutrients. Fat has always been thought of as bad but not all fat is evil. Healthy fats are actually vital to our health. It helps us absorb the nutrients from the food we eat and is great for the brain. It also helps to improve our immunity and our metabolism. Fatty fish like salmon and halibut are great sources of healthy fats, as are nuts, seeds, and avocados.
- Simplify. Cutting unnecessary things out of your life will not only make your life easier but it will eliminate much of your stress. These things could be material or an activity that doesn’t benefit you but getting rid of them will set you free!
- Taste the rainbow. No, not skittles. I’m talking about the wonderful array that the bounty of the earth provides for us to eat. Each different color group of fruits and vegetables delivers its own set of nutrients. For instance, red foods like tomatoes or watermelon are high in lycopene which can reduce cancer risks. Eating foods from all the colors of the rainbow will ensure you get all the nutrients you need.
- Sleep in… or go to bed early. If you’ve been skipping out on your sleep-in order to get more done you aren’t doing yourself any favors (See #3). Getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night helps the body to repair any internal or external stress on the body. There are foods that help you fall asleep that are healthy and delicious. Give them a try.